Esha Deol is the only star from Yuva who is also acting in the film's Tamil version, Aayutha Ezhuthu.
It began with a phone call from director Mani Ratnam's actor-filmmaker wife, Suhasini, who insisted on speaking with her in Tamil. Esha answered her in the same language.
Then, she asked Suhasini about the choice of language. And was more than surprised when she replied, "I wanted to offer you a role in Tamil and wanted to see how well you know the language."
It was a great experience because I worked with Ajay and Mani Ratnam together.
It makes a big difference when you work with an experienced star like Ajay.
And Mani Ratnam is like God for me. I have always been a fan of his. I have seen all his films. Doing this role is a dream come true.
I am happy I had the opportunity to do the Tamil [Aayutha Ezhuthu] as well as the Hindi version, Yuva.
Mani Ratnam pampers you and also brings out the best in you. You will only understand this if you work with him. That is why actors give such a natural performance in all his films.�
No comments:
Post a Comment